Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I check the pressure relief valve in the tank to see if it's still working right? Other than sucking air out of the hose (which would just fill my lungs up with gas fumes), is there a way to check to see if that check valve is workig? Is that part something that fails?

When I try to fill up the tank, it spews back at me after about 2 seconds. Happened at 2 separate gas stations, so I know it's not the pump. I took off the gas cap to fill it just to make sure I was in the center of the fill hole. I already removed the check flap at the bottom of the rubber tube in the neck and took off the little metal flap at the top of the filler neck.

This just started to happen. I don't think the rubber hose inside the filler neck is kinked, but I will check that too.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've run the same setup for 5000 miles, so I don't think the rubber hose in the tube is the problem. I will check it though.

I have the Z-Racing gas cap. The type that has the push-in center hole so you don't have to remove it to fill up. I think fumes would escape through that, but I'll unscrew the cap and see if I get that sound and report back later tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts