Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to trial fit my cats and side pipes today. I put the on the passenger side cat and then pulled out my side pipes.

This may sound extremely naive, but I think something is wrong. The side pipes have a flange that surrounds the four pipes and requires four bolts. The flange on the cat is triangular and needs three bolts. Am I missing something?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
708 Posts
Do you maybe have the side pipes for a 4 into 4 header setup? They use a 4 bolt flange. Does the end of the side pipe have 4 little holes or 1 great big one with 4 little ones inside?

Dana

Ahh, I see what you mean Cory. I just checked the website and I see now that both J pipes and cats have the same 4 bolt flange. Mabye and old set of cats with a 3 bolt pattern?

Dana

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to the folks at Factory Five and worked it out. Rather than wait, I opted to pay for the replacement cats and have them shipped second day delivery (I paid for the extra shipping). I'd already planned a trip to DE this weekend and the powder coating place is on the way. Factory Five will credit things out when the old cats get to their place.

Now some new questions, what do I look for when fitting the cats and pipes? It looks as if the way the cats fit the headers that I have lots of flexibility in how things hang.

Do I have to put the body on to see how the pipes fit in the openings?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts