Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
FFR Rookie Craftsman
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Everybody,

As ya'll know, I live in Bugtussell, Ar where you pee off the front porch, and shoot guns in the backyard.

So, this afternoon, I was test a new brand of 22LR ammo for function in a semi auto rifle, a Ruger 10/2, and a couple of pistols. It worked great.

It was almost dark when I saw a deputy sheriff car pull down my road. He went to the neighbors house. About 10 minutes later, I hear a knock on my door. Guess who it was? Yep, the deputy.

Deputy "Were you shooting earlier?"

Me "Sure was, a .22."

Deputy "Where."

Me "By the horse trailer. I was shooing into the ground."

Deputy "Your neighbor says you were shooting at him."

Me "Is he still?"

Deputy "Yes."

Me "Then I wasn't shooting at him."

Deputy just stands there. He didn't know what to say. Then he says "Is there any holes in the trailer?"

Me "Not any new ones." "Besides, it's not his trailer, so why should he care?"

Deputy looks at me, walks to his car and leaves.

Well, atlest I had a little excitement for the day.

Paul

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
Paul,

Doesn't your neighbor know you are a much better shot than that?

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Paul, that is hilarious... only in Bugtussell...Maybe it was a richochet off a dried road apple??

If someone is caught shooting around here they get hauled off to jail...I have to drive 90 minutes to the desert just to go plinking... AARUGH...
Ken

·
Registered
217 Posts
I guess people hear the sound of the shot and just KNOW it's a bullet barely missing their head. I was cracking a new 16' bullwhip as a kid in my Grandmother's back yard. About twenty minutes later some little s#*t on a bicycle screaming that I had shot at him as he narrowly escaped. Ditto what Ken Bush said, I'd love to be able to shoot without having to drive into the boonies.

·
3,760 Posts
Holy guacamole. If I did that in Joisey, there would be a full-color picture on page 1 of the New York Times, of me being hauled away in handcuffs.

Shot my share of 22LR when I was a kid. When I was around 10, it was my job every summer to take care of all the varmints that were destroying the out buildings on my grandparent's farm. Those were the days. And yes, ammunition had indeed been invented when I was 10. :cool:

AJ

·
Registered
901 Posts
So last year I am visiting my brother-inlaw in Greenback TN. He is a paster and after the Sunday sermon, one of his parishioners comes up and say's "ya wana try out my 9mm" He say's sure, so right after church we pile in the truck and head of to bubba's house. He lives on a kinda main road and his back porch is 15' from the road. We go out the back door and he starts shooting at the side of the mountain. The brass is almost flying into the street. THEN up come the county mounty. I think were had. Wrong. He rolls down the window and say's "Hay Bubba, which one ya shootn" he say's the new 9mm. Cop leaves his car in the middle of the road, comes over and empties his back-up piece and two clips thru Bubba's. say's have a nice day and he didn't know someone from California could shoot a gun and hit anything. (my lucky day) You just gotta love it.

D Ziol

·
Junior Charter Member
422 Posts
Well paul, thats how it should be I guess.

I gotta say that is one thing I like about NM, lots of open space to go plinking.... even with the big .50, I'm gonna hafta scope out some new shooting places when I get back to NH. -wingnut13

·
Registered
898 Posts
Thank goodness there is still SOME frontier left...

Heck, half the reason I moved out here was so I could shooot when I wanted. Four years pass & I hadn't fired a shot! Couple months back I went over to the mountains (about a 10-minute drive through pretty nice neighborhoods). All the mountains around here are part of the Coronado National Forest, but after a little research, I was amazed to find out that it is LEGAL to shoot in National Forest land - as long as it isn't posted otherwise. I've been walking my dog there for four years, so I know it isn't posted. I fired a handfull of rounds from my .308 - trying to get it zeroed after having some work done on the scope. I was near a hiking trail, but shooting into a solid hillside that I had carefully walked off to make sure no one could stroll into my field of fire. Well, I wasn't hitting anything (target was too small to read), & all I manged to do was scare off my dog (forgot to get him some hearing protection). I took my rifle back to the car, drove home & rounded up a search party, & went back to find the dog. Found the county sheriff driving around up there, & stopped him to asked if he'd seen my dog. The sgt. said no, but told me he was investigating a report of gunfire. Like a dummy, I confessed it was me doing the shooting. Told him I was under the impression it was OK. He said he never claimed it wasn't, he was just taking the call. We gave him the description of the dog, & our cell number, & a half hour later he called - found my mangy critter running around in that upscale residential area! Yup, this is the life for me.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Last year I'm at a friends house (playing with GUNS! OMG) when we decide to shoot some clays in his backyard.

He lives on about 60 acres and is plenty far away from anyone, AND it is legal for him to discharge a weapon there.

We are shooting for about 15 minutes when we see three cop cars come down the drive.

Officers come around to where we are shooting (we never stopped) and one of them explains that his neighbor called them and complained. She apparently calls the cops on him regularly. Barking dog or whatever. (Even calls the DWR to complaining about the coyotes).

But when they heard we were shooting shotguns they decided they should check it out. (Now there is an excuse LOL)

They stayed for about 30 minutes and each one shot about 20 clays. I can tell you that those stubby pumps they carry are not much for shooting clays but they were all pretty good with my HK O/U.

Then they all went to the neighbors house. I wish I could have seen that encounter.

After that we had a hilarious pre-pubecent discussion about other things we could do to annoy her. I love it when people make me revert to childhood.

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
One of my best friends in high school was a German exchange student. When his folks came over to pick him up we went out to the mountains shooting. Since they don't get much of a chance for that in Germany we rounded up every type of gun that we could find. We had 7mm and 30/06 hunting rifles an SKS, several shotguns, a few 357 revolvers a 1911 style .45, Ruger 10/22s...enough small arms to take over a third world country. We drove a few miles to the foothills where we usually would target practice. It was on a dirt road. We started shooting. My friends mom had never shot a gun before and had a thing for American cowboy movies. She loved the .357 mag. About half an hour later the County Mounty showed up. I guess we weren't supposed to be shooting there but he got such a kick out of the German ladies enthusiasm for 2nd amendment rights that he gave us a warning and asked us to move a few hundred yards down the road to where it was legal.

·
FFR Rookie Craftsman
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Howdy Everybody,

Some funny stories!

My neighbor is a real jerk! He has killed almost every pet in the neighborhood. This was the second time that he's called the sheriff's dept. on me in the past 2 months. The first time, he called me on the phone and told me he was going to "kick my a$$" and to meet him outside. I wnet outside to meet him and he just yelled at me from inside his house, then he said he was going to call the sheriff's dept. because I threatened him!

He's a real POS!

Paul

·
Over Engineerer
2,921 Posts
Originally posted by KEN BUSH:
If someone is caught shooting around here they get hauled off to jail...I have to drive 90 minutes to the desert just to go plinking... AARUGH...
Man, you can plink in your basement with a 22 (especially 22 shorts).

·
FFR 4331
1,114 Posts
.22LR fun round. Cheap and cheap. Good on you brother! And good on the Deputy for not making a mountain out of nothing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts