Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever considered dropping a Tesla motor into a Factory Five kit (particularly a GTM or an 818)? Is it even possible? I know that Revolt Systems makes a crate motor (as opposed to a crate engine) that is a direct substitute for a small block V-8. It produces the equivalent of 533 hp at over 800 lb-ft of torque. I know this would not appeal to the traditionalists out there, but imagine the performance you could get!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have thought about it a lot. (I have a Tesla motor in the garage right now) For me the Cobra is an experience and the noise is a part of that. Let's not kid around, the EVs are coming and are going to be silly fast. The battel of 1000hp dealer bought cars is here and more are coming. (The accidents are going to be horrific) With that said, I like the idea of the AWD eclectic 818. It just seems more fitting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have thought about it a lot. (I have a Tesla motor in the garage right now) For me the Cobra is an experience and the noise is a part of that. Let's not kid around, the EVs are coming and are going to be silly fast. The battel of 1000hp dealer bought cars is here and more are coming. (The accidents are going to be horrific) With that said, I like the idea of the AWD eclectic 818. It just seems more fitting.

I agree that the exhaust note is one of the things I love most about my Mark III. I would definitely drop a Tesla motor into an 818 though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts