Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are actually called "Tenax" fasteners. They were used on British and European cars.

They are self locking and you actually have to lift the top cover for them to release.

I believe that they are the best when it comes to holding down a top or tonneau cover that has alot of stress on the points. So far I have found a Canadian company that handles them.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,270 Posts
You can buy them through Moss Motors or Cabriolet World, both in the US. http://www.mossmotors.com and put tenax fasteners in the search box. Several models used them. There are actually two versions - a British one and a German one. The German style has a lsightly wider head than the UK model.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Originally posted by slapshot2:
They are actually called "Tenax" fasteners. They were used on British and European cars.

They are self locking and you actually have to lift the top cover for them to release.

I believe that they are the best when it comes to holding down a top or tonneau cover that has alot of stress on the points. So far I have found a Canadian company that handles them.

If you read the response from Roscoe to your question last night you would see a link to a google search he did. 19,100 responses. A little more than one company in Canada.

cheers,

Ed

·
Rapscallion
1,969 Posts
Ed,

Glad to see someone checked my response.

Thanks,
Roscoe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts