Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some feedback about this. I am nearly finished my Roadster and I have put about 3,000 kms on it so far - it really just needs a paint job, however I do love the "what a great colour!" comments about the go faster grey at the cruise nights.

OK so I've kind of gone to the Dark side - and it really is the Forums fault - I absolutely love that red Spyder GT this month and I'm thinking of selling the Roadster and buying that kit in the spring. I've even picked a colour and am working on switching that gawdawful roll bar over to more of a Boxster/S2000 type with maybe a windscreen between them.

So the question is this - am I losing my mind? or is this a logical step?

Scott

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
Sounds Great. Some people like to build, some people like to drive. If the Spyder is what you are really after, go for it.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Yes, you're out of your mind. But then, I guess we all are. Go fo it.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,716 Posts
The only negative about the Spyder GT to me is..what is it? If you ever come across somebody who doesn't recognise the Cobra by it's shape,when they ask, and you say "Cobra" their jaw always kind of drops open right? I have no interest in a Spyder but that's just me.Best wishes!

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
If you could see Ken's Spyder in person, you would REALLY appreciate it. It is much nicer in person than in the pictures and it looks even better on the road.
I say go for it! -Bob

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Like everything else , change is inevitable...BUT , That said , you will miss all the great Cobra stuff that goes on , and you will not get anywhere near the "thumbs up" looks driving the spyder...With only 1800 miles , on the unpainted car , you haven't really given yourself the chance to get into it....Wait till you get that fantastic paint job , and everyone stops you to talk about the car....Then make the decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts