Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
12,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Houston, I have a problem. My oven is down. And I’ve been so busy lately that I’m not much ahead on my “boots” inventory.

I’m taking my oven to a repair shop today… Two weeks ago, it burned out a heating element right in the middle of trying to do a rush order. Today, it just gets warm. I suspect a thermostat, but I don’t have time to mess with it.

My oversized, modified plastic forming oven has faithfully held with me for about 5 years. It’s a vital part of my vacuum forming operation………. If you can’t heat your ABS plastic, it can’t be formed.

I will be shipping some orders today, unless my company makes me go out on the road, today.

The folks that I know I WILL NOT be shipping today are:
McCormack, Cann, Romain, Meyer, Emberly,

I hope to get the following shipped today:Goglia, Belfield, Huffman, Bondy, Robertson, Duerr, Wells, Robertson, Crowley. However, 9 orders is a lot to get out in one day, and I’m sure I will be hitting the road on Wednesday.

Let me take a moment to tell about CobraEarl:
My CobraEarl business, as you have probably guessed, is a part time business. I have a full time job, team driving a truck over the road to California and back. We normally take furniture west and normally bring produce back to the east coat. We can make the trip in 4 days, if we have good connections on the west coast dropping and picking up. I’m normally home about 3 days. And, I spend most of those 3 days working on CobraEarl orders.

I love doing my CobraEarl business. And I hope to grow it to the point that I can “retire” to it in a few years (5) and maybe drive a truck occasionally.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, while I’m very busy, please work with me and you will get your orders. Everyone has so far. Some, maybe not quite as quick as they would like, But, I think most of my customers are happy.

I am successful at getting 90% of my orders out with in one week of receipt.

IF you need a rush, please communicate it to me and I will try to oblige.

IF you email me and don’t get a response with in 24 hours, call me on my cell phone. I don’t mind getting calls while out on the road. HOWEVER, Please call between 4 AM EDT and 4 PM EDT. Those are the hours I’m on duty. The other 12 hours, I’m TRYING to sleep. Btw, trying to sleep in the sleeper of a Big Truck is like trying to sleep through a 11 hour earthquake.

THANKS FOR LISTENING and THANKS FOR THE ORDERS.

[ August 08, 2007, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: CobraEarl ]

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Damn Earl, I didn't know you were a driver! I've been doing it for 13 years now, and soon to retire for the second time! I usually just run the 11 Western states. John

·
2,931 Posts
Hi Earl
I am sure people will understand. You have always been a very good person, and vendor.
I just obtained my CDL a few months ago double/triples, tankers, and hazmat. I drive part time for a fuel delivery company in between doing shows for FFR and finishing FFR's for customers.
Later
Mark D

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Hey Earl!

So that's why you were in Guadalupe recently! Welcome to my area (Santa Maria)!
Is this a normal destination for you?

Steve

·
12,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Whitby Motorcars:
Earl
I didn't see me on either list?
Be Safe
Jeff, You are on the "later" list...

Santa Maria, Gaualupe, San Juan Baptista, Salinas, 101, i10, 99, 58, i5, 46 i40, i80, i70, i15 Know them all well.. went to Idaho last week and picked up about 42000 lbs of spuds.

Am leaving later today.... dang it. Dont know where. Dont know when I will get there, dont know where I will go to get the return load, dont know when I will be back.. Just know Im probably leaving tonight... will find out when and where at 3:00 today. probably leave about 9:00.

USED TO HAVE A REALLY GOOD JOB, recruiting professionals for the Apparel Industry. Our blessed government decided to give the Apparel industry to the developing nations AND DID. Now I drive a truck. GOD BLESS THE GOVERNMENT... I know that statement can be taken two ways. Guess which way I mean it. :( :( :(

NOW, our government is gonna give the Truck driving Jobs to MEXICANS... It will happen.... SO I guess I will be looking for something else in about 2 years.

ANY HOW, when I get back, probably sunday or monday, my oven is supposed to be fixed. I am considering taking a two week leave of absence to catch up on my orders, updateing my web site thru Sergio and doing two back years of taxes..

EVERYONE, thanks for understanding.

Earl

·
The Traveler
3,106 Posts
That's Earl... trying to rack up miles anyway he can! :D

I'll have to watch for you out on I40!

·
10,171 Posts
Wait just a daggone minute.. Sleeping through an earthquake... Cobra Earl snores like an EARTH QUAKE... and don't even ask me how I know...
Inquiring minds don't want to know!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Hang in there Earl. I know it takes a lot to supply kits part time. I love doing it as well. FFR builders are typically happy customers - you can't do better than having happy customers. There's plenty of the other kind out there.

All the best, Don

·
12,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by RACERAL:
Wait just a daggone minute.. Sleeping through an earthquake... Cobra Earl snores like an EARTH QUAKE... and don't even ask me how I know...
Inquiring minds don't want to know!!!!
Let it be said that Raceral will do ALMOST ANYTHING to save a buck....

And he is SO PEACEFUL LOOKING when hes asleep.

Earl

·
The Traveler
3,106 Posts
And I suppose hooking "the trailer" on the back of the cobra is just out of the question :rolleyes:

·
Charter Member
203 Posts
Earl Traveler had a great idea!!! That must be why FFR made the perky butt on our cars, so the fifth wheel will fit better on the trunk lid

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Just got my "Cobra Earl's" thermostat housing today. It is a work of art, and it would be nuts to not wait a week or two for craftsmanship like this. I’m sure all of his products are like this.

Earl - I think you are on the right track building your own business. As a FORMER manufacturing engineer I share you views on the government. Thanks for the great parts!
– Scott L

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Sure, feel free.
Good luck juggling the present and the future. Drive safe.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hey Earl,

I'm on the WILL NOT ship today list. No problem here just ship the order when you get caught up.
Thanx
Steve McCormack

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
Earl,
Thanks for the update on the orders. This is why I love the vendors on this forum. You get the straight scoop right from the horses mouth. Hope your oven problems are behind you by now.
Pete

·
consummate slacker
1,430 Posts
Earl, I get to this stuff late, sorry. But you can send mine to a "rush order" request if you didn't already send it. I'm in no rush.
Crowley

1 - 20 of 22 Posts