Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any issue applying static cling team stripes? Do they age well ?

Thanks
Charles

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I got tired of the red with gold stripes look and wanted to liven up the snake a little sooo I got the static cling stripes/decals/meat balls. It became a joke among my cobra buddies-every time we went on a spirited drive I would find another piece missing or curling off-good thing was they gave me a idea of how the car would look with the eye candy-so I peeled off the last survivors and had a sign shop do permanent vinyl team stripes/meat balls and I bought the vinyl decals from a vendor here that I applied-love the look-people say it really looks like a race car now-and they stay put too!

Bob

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob,
Thanks ...the vendor is.......?

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Charles-unfortunately in my big stack of receipts I find nothing (on the road three years now-the mind forgets all the parts suppliers) so-it's NOT a vendor here-I seem to remember I did a search on the ffr site and it was the Daytona coupe crowd where I got the info on a vendor-those coupe guys know how to decorate a car! I keep thinking a California business-maybe something like Race car classic vinyl decals? I remember talking to the business and they are a big company providing all the decals for California replica and restored cars-do a post on the coupe forum or a web search-you'll find em-good luck

Bob

·
Senior Charter Member
1,269 Posts
Bob,
Thanks ...the vendor is.......?
Charles,

Try these guys: Raceline Digital, Do More for Less

They specialize in period vinyl. Out of Canada. I've bought from them twice now. Products are great, the shipping reasonable (most stuff comes Canada Post), but they're not all that quick to ship (a couple of weeks seems to be typical).

David

·
Senior Charter Member
1,269 Posts
Charles,

Not sure what color you're looking for but I ended up buying a roll each of 3" red and white stripe material for a project of mine and have enough left to stripe another 3-4 cars. If you're interested in either color, I'd be happy to send you enough material to do the fender stripes. No cost, just pay the postage.

David

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dvad,
Thanks so much but I orderd my black roll yesterday
Charles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.