Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Charter Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to learn how to post pics. Here are my new Team III wheels and BFG tires.

Jack

·
Registered
381 Posts
Nice What are the sizes and where did you get them. How much for the set up?
Dan

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,594 Posts
Looks great. Do they come in 315's?
Paul

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
What are you using for front spindles? What are you using for a rear end (IRS, Fox width, SN95 width, ect)?

·
Charter Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bob, Thanks for the compliment.

Dan, The front wheels are 15x8 and the rear wheels are 15x10. The BFG tires for the front are P235/60R-15's and the rear tires are P295/50R-15's. I got the wheels from Richard Oben at North Racecar, he is a vendor on this forum. I paid $1,975 for the wheels which included half polished wheels, lug nut covers, lug nuts, and polished spinners. The BFG tires I bought at a local tire store and paid $530 which included mounting and balancing. I think I could have found the tires a little cheaper had I gone to one of the vendors on this forum. So the total came to $2505 for the set up. It took about 8 weeks from the time I ordered the wheels until I received them.

Paul, BFG Radial T/A's raised white letters, the widest I think only come in the 295's 15 inch and I don't believe you can them in the 315's. You will have to go to a different style of BFG tire in order to have the 315's and they will be for a 17 inch wheel.

DFRESH, my front spindles are the 87-93 Fox and my rear axle is a 87-93 8.8 solid axle rearend fox width.

Jack

·
Senior Charter Member
314 Posts
Jack,
Are you running a 3 link? I have the same wheels/tires and have rubbing issues with the rear susp. Richard is trying to work out a fix with a bracket modification.
Kevin

·
Charter Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kevin,
Yes I do have the 3-Link. Since I posted the Team III pics and read all of the discussions about the problem, I did do a fit check and I to notice that I have the same clearance issues that everyone else say that they are having. I guess I did not know this before I got these wheels and tires. My understanding that you could go as wide as a 315 tire but I now understand that is if you are use the 17 inch wheels. Hopefully, Richard Oben will chime in here and tell us the fix or modification that we can do for the clearance problem.

Jack

·
Senior Charter Member
314 Posts
Jack,
Richard assured me that he will solve this problem; he asked me to give him a little time to work on it. I'll check back with him in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I have a 7/16" spacer which gives me enough clearance to make it a roller.
Kevin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts