Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have an '87 solid tbird (4 lug) in my MKII. I have some SN95 front spindles and brakes ready to go in and I wanted to upgrade the rear axels. I believe the tbird rear is 61.5 inches which is 0.25 wider than a '99-04 mustang. Should I just get 31 spline axels for the '99-04 mustang?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anybody at any point traded in a 8.8 or 9" instead of the bird IRS? I want subtleties assuming that it is conceivable othe than a total custom arrangement. I know the Cobra IRS is a bolt in arrangement. I have a 94 bird and need to trade in serious areas of strength for a hub. Is it conceivable? I have a 9" that I can introduce utilizing 8.8" sections.

snaptube vidmate

·
395 Posts
i believe that you will run into problems with the rear brakes because of the shorter axles of the fox body in the tbird housing i think currie makes hardened axles for the tbird housing or just have the exhisting axles redrilled for 5 lug, currie does make a bolt in 9 in rear axle for fox bodys , hot rod magazine used one in their ffr roadster build

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Hi All,
I have an '87 solid tbird (4 lug) in my MKII. I have some SN95 front spindles and brakes ready to go in and I wanted to upgrade the rear axels. I believe the tbird rear is 61.5 inches which is 0.25 wider than a '99-04 mustang. Should I just get 31 spline axels for the '99-04 mustang?
Thanks.
I think the axles on the T-bird are 26 spline

·
Junior Charter Member
954 Posts
You should get a rear end from a 95 or newer mustang and sell the Tbird rear to someone who wants the 4 lug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts