Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should have listened to Richard Oben. After an abortive trip to my local DMV (who didnt have a clue how to deal with my title application), I drove to Jefferson City. I was in and out in 15 minutes. They took my 551, CSO, receipts for kit, motor and transmission (none of the others needed). The lady completed my title application for me, I wrote a check for $2K to cover sales taxes and application fees, she took a shiny new VIN plate out of an envelope and wrote the number on my title application and I was done. The plate and papers got to my local Highway Patrol Office and they will call to fix it on the car. Then all I need to do is get the plates.
I only had one moment of anxiety. The HP completed my 551 and put the car down as a 2007. The lady spotted it, spoke with someone in the back office and then changed it to a 65 Cobra replica. I am so excited !!!
Steve

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Steve,
Great news!!!!
Mike

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Excellent I got really good service at my local DMV . they are privately owned here in NC Congrats , enjoy the car Bob

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Cheers Steve

I'm a week away and have been watching your experience closely.
Can't wait till we can all be on the road together!

Happy trails!
Skip

·
Senior Charter Member
1,151 Posts
Congratulations Steve!!!

I went to Jeff City with Mine back in 02 and could not believe how polite and helpful they were. When it was time to go back to Troop C to get the plate attached, They handed Me the drill and rivet gun to install it Myself, The inspector said "I'm not drilling that car, You do it"
. At least now that You have a VIN number, You can get it insured while You wait for the final call.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts