Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new taxes for my spyder jumped a little bit this year. They are now assessing it at 61K, when I questioned it she said the NADA value is 80K. Now I went on to the NADA site and I can not find a FFR Spyder listed. I am trying to figure out how she did. Anyone have this type of issue that the assessors just find something that sound like it is the car but is not.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I didn't get a update that someone posted. CT

·
Registered
1965 Spyder GT
234 Posts
Thought I'd bump this thread. Virginia, mine is titled as "1965 Cobra Replica 1965 Spyder GT" and assessed at ... $428. 😎

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,769 Posts
@Black Wishbone - what town are you in? I’m having the same problem.

Middletown raised mine 2000% over the past 2 years. I tried appealing it, but it was declined both years. It’s a money grabbing scheme by the town.

Please see my other posts, specifically the one on the proposed legislation for Classic plates. If you can, please support by communicating with your town‘s legislators.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Black Wishbone - what town are you in? I’m having the same problem.

Middletown raised mine 2000% over the past 2 years. I tried appealing it, but it was declined both years. It’s a money grabbing scheme by the town.

Please see my other posts, specifically the one on the proposed legislation for Classic plates. If you can, please support by communicating with your town‘s legislators.

Stratford was the town that raised it so high basically they they said they were taking it off the lowest "spyder" that NADA had. I had it transferred to Newtown, my current town, and they adjusted it to a more reasonable amount. So far Newtown has be very reasonable about everything that we have done. Stratford on the other hand has always been beyond difficult.

When it was registered in Fairfield it was similar to Richards. Somewhere in the hundred and taxes were 18 bucks. Oh I miss those days.

Reactions: Redfish

·
Registered
1965 Spyder GT
234 Posts
My county's personal property tax on the $428 assessment is $0 and we have a separate vehicle license tax of $20/yr.

I'd be willing to send a copy of the property tax bill to anyone needing it to contest their assessment if would help.

Titled and insured in Virginia as a "1965 Cobra Replica".

Reactions: Redfish
1 - 7 of 7 Posts