Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys:

I am still struggling with taxes here. I dont think that the valuation of my car is correct, as some of you may know from my other posts. As a result I am looking for all ways to find out information. Right now I will never be able to drive it on the road here because of the $23K tax assesment.

The tax people here have have a website where you can enter a VIN number and get a tax estimate. I assume that this is tied to the national database, where VIN numbers from FFR owners must be. I would like to try this out with real VIN numbers.

I know this is a lot to ask as this is personal information, but I need all the help I can get.

Thanks

·
15,282 Posts
The problem is that the VIN numbers for FFR cars are essentially just "made up." It's different in every state -- they just assign them. The numbers won't match the format used by major manufacturers. Because of federal/state issues, there is no "national database" of VIN numbers, or I'd be willing to bet not. However, it is possible to decode a standardized VIN to figure out a lot of info about the car -- make, model, etc. -- which would help determine value. Problem is, FFR just isn't going to be decodable in the same way.

If you want to run one just for fun, mine is Texas, FFR1004105RD. Bet you $5 it comes up as invalid or something, but good luck.

Cheers, John

·
4.6 Terminator Trailblazer
1,743 Posts
VIN: PM sent

It's my donor car's VIN. '03 Mustang Cobra. Should be valued from $20k(pretty used)-$30k(new)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts