Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I need to tune my tater and I don't know the best procedure. Does anyone have a list of steps to take to ensure a good tune or any other tips? I think mine isn't really right at this point. I have the FMS 351W with the Street Avenger 670cfm carb, MSD 6AL, and 4-into-4. My exhaust isn't coated yet. I have just been driving around the neighborhood to give the car a few shakedown runs before it goes off for paint. I was extremely surprised at the amount of heat the body had in it after a few minute drive. I have roughly 1/2" - 1" of clearance between the body exhaust cutouts and my exhaust pipes. The body was almost too hot to touch in the areas around the pipes. Not just a few inches near the pipes but more like 1 foot or more around the cutout opening. Is this normal? I thought maybe the carb was running lean and causing this condition. Hence the question about tater tuning. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
John

·
FFCobra Fanatic
690 Posts
John,
I have Mike Mack's 4into 4's and before i had them coated they were scorchers!! After ceramic coating I can put my hand on the sidepipes with out cooking it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts