Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In all the assembly and disassembly, I seem to have lost nut and bolt that holds the tang at the end of the steering shaft to the hollow "D" shaft that goes through the fire wall. About alls I remember is that is was Grade-8. Can some one please take a quick measurement for me.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
If it's the same as a MKII Kevin, I measured Naga and a 5/8" socket fits over the bolt head.

Let me tell you what else I did to ensure I took all all the slop. I got two sets of nuts/bolts. Put the first one in and used my impact to hammer the heck out of it and take out all the "play." Then I removed that bolt and nut, and threw them away. I then installed the other one, torqued and red Lock-Tited it.

d

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
help me here,
i was starting to put my rack in today and there is no hole for a bolt in my steer shaft is that normal . pm me and let me know please.. also my lower shaft does not go into my donor rack

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The top of the shaft bolts to a U-joint, and the "tang" bolts into the U-joint. The tang then slide into the D-shaft, which then goes up the footbox.

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
Originally posted by 5.0 cobra:
help me here,
i was starting to put my rack in today and there is no hole for a bolt in my steer shaft is that normal . pm me and let me know please.. also my lower shaft does not go into my donor rack
You probably have one of the NEW shafts provided with the newest kits. They are One piece and should be just a bolt on item.

Here's a picture of what yours probably looks like:

right?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by Sergio:

Here's a picture of what yours probably looks like:
right?
That's mean Sergio.
I can only wish mine looked like that! That is one awesome job on a motor! The only other one I've seen a pic of that compares is from Old Guy and the candy apple red on the motor in his coup. Wow, nice job!

sorry, I got side tracked again. :D

Mike M.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts