Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great insights into the black side pipes, perhaps someone can talk about white ones. I am looking at the Classic Blue with white and think that with black 500 rims and black roll bar, white pipes would look great....any thoughts on this combo, any pics and how this is best achieved.

Thanks
Shandy

·
ntrudelle
866 Posts
Shandy,i think choice of color is very personnel,it's like choice in women some like them big and some like them skinny but i would stay in the same theme of colors. If you go white and blue stay with white and blue.If you ad black wheels with that,i don't think it's goona look good. Wheels are like an accessory that compliment the body paint. Too many colors might destroy the beauty of that body style. You don't want people focusing on too many different colors when they look at your car. See what other guys say but you'll be the one who make the final decision. After all it's your car. Ask a few women,normally they're good with matching colors.

·
Senior Charter Member
509 Posts
I like the white pipes, but don't care much for any Mustang take-off rims. Opinions will surely run the gamat, but I think the majority of this forum will like your proposed combo.

·
master craftsman
5,597 Posts
White looks great.............bitch to maintain though...................Steven

·
Registered
765 Posts
Shandy, here are pictures of FFR 1467 with White pipes and with ceramic coated pipes. If I had painted the white stripes I would have stayed with the white pipes.

HTH

Steve

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some good pts. I have to say that what I had in mind is almost exactly what you have Steve. As mentioned, a similar color scheme on the rims, a set of tires (Goodyears?) with BIG white lettering(Tom L says I will need to go 15" to have a wide enough sidewall?) that fabulous blue you have Steve, (awesome!!) and the white stripes. That is some gorgeous looking car mate, well done!

Does anyone know the best way to go about achieving a good long lasting white pipe?

As always, thanks for the replys,

Shandy

·
Registered
765 Posts
Shandy, I used Dupli-Color high heat white and they stayed clean for a year. If you are doing your own, have them sand blasted first then lots of LIGHT coats of the white for coverage. The key is LIGHT coats as the paint runs easily.

HTH

Steve

BTW the blue color is Lexus Spectra Mica blue in case you need it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steve, Thanks a lot for the color info. I know, and respect the fact, that some folks like to keep that info "close to their chests". Great looking car, thanks again.

Shandy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts