Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kit is due to arrive sometime next week. Any suggestions as far as taking inventory, should I account for every little thing before Stewart leaves? How much should I tip the driver? Anyone know their favorite non-alcoholic refreshment? Any other advice?

·
Been There, Broke That
1,573 Posts
Bill, you should definitely check to be sure that all the big pieces are there and that you have all of the boxes--the boxes are numbered by FFR and this correlates to the inventory sheet. But you dont have to go through every box while Stewart is there. First, it would take hours. Second, FFR is very good about sending replacements even if you dont discover that something is missing until months later.

Congrats on the new kit and keep us posted as you make progress.

Take care.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Take inv of the major stuff just to make certain they delivered what FFR actually sent. Once the drivers gone and you finish peeing on all the trees in the neighborhood, you can start opening boxes and getting down to the dirty.

FFR will have a shipping list that should accurately ID everything sent and not sent. They really good about that.

As for a tip, I dorked...so damn excited...but I would've dropped him fiddy and not even blinked under normal circumstances.

Enjoy and here's to dancing with Snakes.

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
I gave the driver $50. I plan on using Stewart again to deliver my GT40. Just waiting for Fran to tell me it's ready to ship. I will tip him another $50

·
Junior Charter Member
402 Posts
Don't forget to take good pictures of everything before you start removing aluminum panels. Get close-ups so you know which piece overlaps the other. I got so excited that I forgot to take the pics and spent mucho time figuring which panel went where and in what order.

Welcome to the "Snake-Pit"

Snake

·
FFCobra Craftsman
903 Posts
close by with mk3 you will be ok can come look all you want

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts