Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
Each bulb has a low intensity and high intensity element. If you plan to use the standard wiring (e.g. no adapters or whatever) you'll have all four lights running the low intensity for parking and running lights. You'll get different opinions on where to put brakes and turn signals, but they're always on the high intensity element. Probably the most common is brake lights on top, turn signals on bottom. That's how I've wired mine.

If you choose to go non-standard, lots of choices. Just remember no matter how you configure them though, parking and running lights are always low intensity, brake and turn signals are always high intensity.

·
Official OLD GUY
3,715 Posts
Alternate wiring

I went the other way and installed two relays to give me all four on for brake and both upper and lower on for the side selected for turning.

The park/running lights are a circuit by themselves and not connected to brake or turn signal - only thing they have in common is their grounds.

Doc :beerchug:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I went the other way and installed two relays to give me all four on for brake and both upper and lower on for the side selected for turning.

The park/running lights are a circuit by themselves and not connected to brake or turn signal - only thing they have in common is their grounds.

Doc :beerchug:
X2 on having both lights on the same side work as brake or turn signal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts