Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a wiring diagram for a 93 5.0l engine harness I didn't notice any pin for the TAB and TAD connectors unlike the 87 ECC. Were these connectors eliminated on the 91-93 Engine computer?

Thanks in advance

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,175 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize the they were referred to as ARB and ARD

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My problem is when I purchased the EFI wiring harness from Painless it did not come with the connectors for ARB, ARD or Canister purge valve. Is is possible to wire the connectors from the original harness to the associated pins on the Computer?

Again, thanks in advance.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,175 Posts
TAB and TAD is the correct Ford terminology, I was just clarifying what the wiring diagrams at Veryuseful.com were showing.

As for your harness, typically TAB, TAD, EGR, EVR, CANP, etc. are removed from the harness and the computer "fooled" with a series of resistors. If the wiring connector for the output (the above are all considered outputs/actuators by the EEC) is not there you don't have to worry about wiring it up.

HTH...
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.