Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the FFR faq and I see the fluid capacity of the T5 to be 5.6 pints but still have a question. After installing my new T5 and opening the what I think is the correct fill hole (half way up on passenger side uses a square 3/8’ drive ratchet to open) I can only get less than ¾ of a quart into it? Since I was concerned that I was not reaching some ‘void’ I pulled the shifter and tried to fill from there... Same deal fluid just pours right out the side:( At this point my car is ready to run but I am concerned I do not have enough fluid in it.... The T5 is brand new out of the box from Ford with a big tag on it saying NO OIL..... Any ideas??

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
I believe the T-5 will hold a little less than 3 quarts. Your trans might already have fluid in it. If all else fails you could drain it and refill it and it should take the correct amount. You are right about the fill hole location. Hope this helps.
GB

·
Registered
635 Posts
GB is correct about the fill hole. You've got the right one. If there is fluid coming out the hole then you are full. There is no way there could be a void.

·
Senior Charter Member
564 Posts
You have the correct fitting. I agree that you should be sure by removing the lower port and draining and starting over. If you have fluid in the system before installation in the car it will leak out the tail end if it is not plugged or the driveshaft is not installed.

I used one of those hose fittings you add to the ATF fluid container. It helps you to force the fluid into the transmission. (What fluid are you using? I hope that you are not using a thick grade of oil) You may need to wait a few seconds for the fluid to find its level before adding more. Mine took just under 5 1/2 pints. My car was not exactly level.

-Perry

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I am going to drain it and refill it.... still a mystery to me:( I am using ATF.

Thanks again

·
FFCobra Fanatic
762 Posts
post how it turns out. I have a new t5 and see the same

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
finaly I got around to working on this... yup it came full from Ford.... thanks all for your help!!! FFR2401 is back on the road!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.