Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much HP and (more important) torque can the T45 six-speed handle in a cobra considering that it weighs at least 1000lbs less than a mustang? I don't think this topic has been covered yet (or maybe I just don't know how to use the search feature efficiently!).

·
Senior Charter Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, but the DOHC 4.6 engine I would like to use comes with a T45 6-speed, and I would definitely add aftermaket parts to the engine to increase the output!

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
exactly T45 is a 5 speed

T56 is a 6 speed and only comes in the 03/04 Cobras, Vipers and Corvettes (with different gears).

so, The DOHC 4.6 that you are trying to use is an 03/04 Cobra engine?

SERGIO
---------------------
"Project SuperCobra" underway....
2003 SVT Cobra Donor with only 5K miles

·
Ford Junkie
1,670 Posts
T-45 is a POS 5 speed. T-56 is the 6 speed.

If you're getting a T-56, it will handle torque in the same neighborhood as the Tremec TKO (a $h1t load.) T-45 will generally handle less than a T-5.

Where are you getting this package deal?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
711 Posts
The T-45 is a 5-speed and came stock in some DOHC Cobras. It should be all you would need.

The 2000 Cobra assembly from Ford has the T-45 already assembled to it with tons of extras in the package.

Raymond

·
Senior Charter Member
1,056 Posts
I usually drive my car around the city streets with only 2nd and 4th gear!

first isn't worth the trouble
third just wastes time getting to 4th

and 5th just lugs around at 500 rpm.

So, I only need a two speed!

·
Senior Charter Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My bad, guys! I always thought the T45 was a 6 speed, I don't know why. Shaun, A friend of mine had seen a '97 for sale at a good price but when we went to check it out, it was sold! Anyway, I'm going to take my time. I was going to buy a running GT and drive it until I purchased the kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts