Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what peoples experience with these guys has been. Does wnyone have one of their engines running?
Thanks
Chris

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
There was a dyno run posted yesterday with a t+l 347 it was cool . Bob

·
Junior Charter Member
1,066 Posts
I have about 200 miles on mine. I'm very pleased so far. It starts easily, runs good and doesn't leak. Just order it a long time before you actually need it. Quick service is not one of their strong points. You can't beat their prices.

·
Junior Charter Member
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gear head. The pricing is what attracted me. How long did it take to get yours?

·
Junior Charter Member
1,066 Posts
I think I ordered mine in March and got it in July. I didn't really need it any sooner so I didn't start bugging them until June. I would buy from them again but I would be sure to order exactly what I wanted and not make any changes later. Their internal communications are not very good.

·
Master "Gear Head"
434 Posts
I ordered my 347 in Oct 2005 and it took them 3 months to get it to me. They are selling a lot of these 347's and they ship them out only when they are done right. I have had a full season on mine and it runs like it should. No leaks, smooth balancing, nice fasteners and good attention to detail. You can even go so far as to pick out your choice of paint for the block. It came in a great crate as well. Can't beat the price as well. Comes with a DVD of the dyno run for the motor. Can't go wrong with 425HP/425TQ for $4000. I would recommend them.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
I also am very pleased with mine. If you go with the pulleys, forged pistons, rocker upgrade and a turnkey motor it will be 6K. No complaints from me - starts first time every time and as others said - no leaks. They dont answer e-mails though. Phone only and yest they take their time to get them out. 3 months seems about average.
Steve

·
Master "Gear Head"
434 Posts
Unless you are going to rev. past 7000 RPM or plan on using a power adder (blower, turbo, or nitrous), then I wouldn't select forged pistons. They quoted me $300 for the upgrade but the less than desirable expansion/contraction issues associated with all forged pistons make the hypereutectic pistons the better choice for NA street use. You can bore it tighter and set the ring gaps tighter to get better combustion sealing. Spend the money on a roller cam upgrade (if they are not included currently) or on the carb. HTH

·
Registered
462 Posts
T and L has been in business for a looong time. thats got to say something.

DISCLAIMER: this post is not meant to solicite business from anyone, just friendly help from a guy that has built engines for a long time. ;)

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
I bought my engine from T&L, I got it turn key, from carb to oil pan, including starter, clutch and preasure plate, alt. and pully set plus power steering pump and A/C pump instaled all for $6550.00 give Lloyd a call you won't be sorry.
Lile

·
Senior Charter Member
2,017 Posts
I agree with all the above except the long wait. I told Loyd when I had to have it (aprox 4 weeks from initial phone call) and it arrived right on time.
I have not run it yet but everything looks great. Even the crate that it is shipped in is top-notch.
Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts