Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that has used the T-Bird Turbo Coupe rear-end; Do we need to use the counter weight that was originally on the rear-end or can it be left off??Brian

·
4,318 Posts
Leave it off. You don't need the extra weight slowing you down

·
Premium Member
18,144 Posts
Think carefully before pitching it. How much did the factory spend to develop and install it. If it didn't do anything, would they have done that? The factory will make big changes to save $1 per vehicle.

We're talking a few pounds here. Less than the weight of 2-3 gallons of fuel. If you're building a spec racer or high speed track car, then dump it. Otherwise, it just won't matter performance wise.

Personally, I would leave it on there so it can perfrom it's intended function - give you a smoother ride.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's really a road car with 400 hp. I think we will mount the rear end without it but not pitch it. I found a web site about "Birds & Cats" T-Birds and Cougars that a couple of people have left them off their T-Birds and have had some vibration problems.Our MKII will not have them for now and I will let everyone know if we have a problem up the road. Thanx Guys.. Great information as usual. Brian & Trey

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
The 3-link uses one of the bolt holes that used to hold the thing on. I haven't heard of anyone needing it yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts