Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am down to my last part to remove from my '91 GT donor...the bellhousing. I have removed the tranny itself and removed 6-7 bolts that bolt to the engine block. I have sprayed PB blaster on the two guide pins and I can't for the life of me get this thing off.

I have pulled, pryed, and it won't budge!! I can literally shake the entire engine and still nothing. Any tips, advice, tricks??? Am I missing something??

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
There are eight bolts total. The six large bellhousing bolts and the two small bolts at the bottom of the block plate going into the bellhousing from the front.

Once you've removed these eight fasteners the bellhousing is simply on the block dowel pins.

If you are SURE all fasteners are removed you can insert a prybar through the clutch fork hole and yank back on it, which will apply leverage to the fork (part of the housing) and pry against the clutch or flywheel (depending upon where the prybar is touching)...

I couple of hits with a rubber mallet near the two block dowels might help too...

HTH...
Mark

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will the two dowel pins come out if I tap on them?? Everything else is out as you described but the bellhousing doesn't show any sign of moving. I guess I need to pry HARDER!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts