Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Charter Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a T-5 donor and not going to use the female side of the two prong conector that goes to the two pins on the side of the transmission? Need the female conector with a little bit of the two wires so I can splice in back-up lights. Thanks, Hall

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
I couldn't find one either. Everything in the junk yard was just that - junk. Even went to my local dealer, they have all kinds of replacement connectors and pigtails, except the transmission backup lamp switch connector. Ended up using a couple of push on connectors I found at the auto parts store. John

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
Where does that plug in at,and how is it wired? I have a brand new T-5 trans, and want to use back up lights as well.

·
Charter Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On my 1990 T-5 there are two prongs on the drivers side of the the tranny. I plan on running power from the fuse block to one side, another from the second pin to the light and ground from the the light. Putting car in reverse completes circuit.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,270 Posts
Guys, give Ron Francis a look (address should be in vendor section). I'd also ask Mark at Breeze. Ron stocks numerous specialty parts for Fords and other cars. Mark Reynolds is a very resourceful guy who, if he doesn't have or can't get your fitting, probably knows where you can source it.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,784 Posts
hall1836,
Sent you a PM-I can help. If you are interested, send me your address.
Best regards,
Chuck

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,784 Posts
hall1836,
Another way to interface to the male pins on the T5 reverse switch is to use 0.160 inch ID insulated bullet connectors that are available at your auto parts store. You can then fabricate your harness as required.
Best regards,
Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts