Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cobra Builder
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this belongs in another topic area, please move it.

I would love to hear the pros and cons of these two types of 2 post lifts, especially in regard to lifting the cobra. Which style will I be happier with? Any experiences to help guide my decision making will be really appreciated!

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
youneed the one that allows you to openthe doors without smashing them into the lift . Otherwise they are the same. I belive it's th assymetrical. If you want more info pm me I just bought 2 for the shop and could give you the rotoary brand info, Bob

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,700 Posts
The new shop I work in has about 50 rotary lifts.All assymetrical.As said above, it's all about opening the door.I think they are 6000 lb capacity so you don't give up much going assymetrical.I wouldn't consider symetrical at all. You can't believe how good the ayssemetrical is until you need to work on something near the pedals.Put the car off the floor so the door sill is just below your waist and just lean in...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have an asymetric (ALM) It has been very good for working on my cars and pickup, and built the cobra on it. The Cobra is too low to the ground to get the lift arms under it, so I have to drive it up on some pieces of 2X12 to clear the lift. I would not be without a lift again.
HTH Carl

·
Cobra Builder
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input! Looks like I will go with an assymetrical.
Any reason I shouldn't go with a Bend-Pac?

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
I think one of the vendors, American Custom Lift, claims it will match or beat (?) any other company. You might want to look at them.

·
Senior Charter Member
254 Posts
There is a company called complete hydraulic that has a 10k pound lift that can be used as both a symmetrical or assymetrical lift. it looks like s nice setup. I am thinking about getting it.

·
Junior Charter Member
614 Posts
I think the lifts are the designed the same now, they just have different arms to mak them sy or asymetric.

The old assymetric lift uprights used to be set at an angle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts