Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not plan on doing the VPM swaybars at the moment, but would like to know how difficult it would be to retrofit them later on, once the car is complete. I have Pin-Drive IRS, and IFS BTW.

Thanks.

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roger, did they really make THAT much of a difference on your car? How about the ride, did it stiffen the ride when you installed them? I don't want to change the stock ride too much, and I know that sometimes when you install sway bars, it can stiffen the ride a bit.

Rob.

·
Charter Member
167 Posts
Who makes them for a MK III?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Rob,

They are fairly easy to install on a finished car. No major issues.

Jerry,

We have a IRS sway-bar for the Mark III that will work with the NEW FFR Fuel Cell option. We are refining the design to work with the IRS pin-drive also.

Our original IRS sway-bar will work on the Mark III if you are using the donor tank. Our front bar will work on the Mark III if you cut the front tow hooks off.

Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
493 Posts
The only thing that you may want to do now is install the front frame brackets. They mount to the front of the main tubes and are held by the LCA bolt at the top and welded on the bottom. If you are considering powder coat for your frame or even paint you may want to mount them now. I believe that VPM will sell you just the mounts now for about $75.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts