Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says. I am swapping out the stock intake tomorrow for an FRPP GT40. Anyone done this recall whether I need anything special other than the intake & gaskets? I searched the topic on corral.net and came away with more questions than answers. I guess there have been a couple of diff designs over time some of which may have ports that need plugging... I assume the PCV valve and filterscreen underneath it transer OK from the stock intake. Was also wondering if I'll have any clearance issues with the stock fuel rails. How about the stock intake bolts? Are they OK?

Sorry for the million and one questions. I want to do this install tomorrow and have it ready to take to a show on Saturday morning...Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

·
16,719 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,784 Posts
Matt,
Have GT40 manifold-stock fuel rails work OK. To use the airflow capacity, you want to run the 65 MM throttle body and spacer. Also, the stock vacuum tree underneath is too big. Use a 3/8NPT to 3/8 tube adapter. The canister was plumbed in on the 3/8 NPT fitting on the front of the throttle body pad using the same size adapter. I used the Ford Racing bolt kit for the upper intake. Otherwise, everything hooks up!
Best regards,
Chuck

·
FFCobra Captain
11,688 Posts
I just did the lower intake and all the orginal sized bolts worked fine...stock fuel rails were good too.

Make sure you put something like a garbage bag over the valley when you're cleaning up the gasket surface on the heads and watch for small pieces that will want to fall into the chambers.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A belated thanks for the replies. Ended up installing a new 65mm TB and EGR spacer as well after a last minute call (5 minutes before close of business) to Cobra Cory/Paul from Forte's who let me pay over the phone and brought the parts to NH for me on a Friday night! Many thanks!

First drive I was'nt sure how much of a difference the new intake/TB made but then upon close inspection after the first run I determined that it is really a good idea to plug in ALL of the injectors! :( 8 cylinders are always better than 7! Significant difference! Really added quite a lot of pull over stock!!! :D

[ June 13, 2005, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Matt Kennedy ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts