Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter project. My T-5 is just not strong enough for my 331. So, going TKX, and buying from one of our best vendors in Mass. Quick time Bellhousing as well.

I always like to ask our forum about projects I am either contemplating or working on.

I already have a great hydraulic clutch set-up, with an external slave on a bracket that mounts to the tabs on the T-5, and pushes the stock 5.0 fork forwards. I will have to purchase a new slave cylinder mounting bracket to work with the TKX/QT combo.

What did you use?

Pictures please!

Many thanks in advance,

Dan

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Secondary question:

If I keep my 10 spline clutch, I will mate to the wide ratio trans.
If I swap to the 26 Spline clutch, I use the close ratio.

No drag strip starts, street starts. But, lots of 2-3-4 shifting on road racing tracks.

Which trans type have you used, and your results?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just bolted a TKX into my Type65 build. I'm using a 6065 model QuickTime bellhousing and the Forte external slave cylinder for it. I got the bell, clutch fork, clutch ext slave setup with bracket, and hydraulic line all from Forte's Parts. It's not running yet, but the parts all fit in the spaces they should

·
Registered
221 Posts
I used the Daze Cars external kit for several T5 installs in various cars (besides the cobra). He also makes a bracket/kit for TKX. I've never used it but I've been super happy with the T5 versions.

Reactions: Chepsk8

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While on the subject, this is all going into a MKII. Who has done the swap, and no major issues when putting the trans back in with the bellhousing in place & bolted to the motor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts