Factory Five Racing Forum banner

281 - 281 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
My poppers came in so back to the hood. Installed them a little different than designed. I drilled and tapped the popper, drilled and coundersunk the ring that supposed to go under. That put it in a lesser spring range to minimize pushing the hood out of place. Works! It is pushing on the hood and pushing that area up some. Debating on the best way to fix that. Thinking a metal plate for it to contact affixed to my cross brace to put the force on it instead of glass. It might need some tricky shaping to make it strong enough. I’ll take more of a look after I sleep on it. Also needs a little more aligning. Video from before I pulled it down in the center a bit more. The black spacers in the pics I ended up not using. Needed more spring force than that far at the end of the travel.

I am still baffled why mine doesn’t pop easy like other gen 2 hinge set ups. I checked everything, it’s not rubbing, it shouldn’t be any heavier than a normal ffr bumped hood. I dunno but that sure is making this hard. Could the latch be that different? They don’t feel like much spring pressure difference. shrug

281 - 281 of 281 Posts