Factory Five Racing Forum banner

241 - 246 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Today, first thing I did was put the top on and mimick several different seating positions. Once I figured out what i liked, the top came off and I finished making and tacking up the seat frames. Decided to tie the back to the bottoms for support. The bottom frames will go in first l, following by the seat back (which will have the foam and material on it), then the center frame, then the 3 parts that make up the seating surface and “arm rest/center pad”. If it comes out like I am envisioning, I think it’ll look good and be real comfy. Tomorrow, I may try to start on the wood parts.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Built the wood seat bottoms and back today. Inserts fit just great. Still have to set up the webbing but not while I’m in and out a lot. Got the drivers side filler for the back side done with plenty extra material. The interior guy can final shape that to kinda match the waterfall. I envision the front side seat back kinda following the curve also.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Today, I made the filler part for passenger side then changed my mind. Took them both out. Gonna let the interior dude figure the best way to do it when the time comes.

I sat in the passenger side and marked where the tailbone fell. Cut out the area, radiused the edges well so it wouldn’t cut the web, and webbed it with 2” elastic webbing material. Used 2 flat bars and vice grips to pull it tight to staple it.
Layed our the first ones

Stapled them along one side and the top. Then pulled every other one up, layed the side down, then pulled tide down and the others up until all cross ones where tight and staples. Then pulled the long ways ones tight and stapled.



Once done, when finger tapped, it sounds like a drum.

Tested it out. Sat in the car and thought “wow, I can’t feel a difference. That kinda sucks”. But then I sat in the driver side to mark it and realized that it’s a huge difference.
Went ahead and cut out the driver side and seat back at pressure areas and radiused the edges. Had to call it a day to head to school for the kiddos thanksgiving lunch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Got the blower inlet finished today. Primed up the fuel system and set the pressure. Then I made a couple aluminum plates to protect the waterfall, whatever finish I decide to do on it, when putting the tabs in and sliding the seat back down. Also called power by the hour and got set up with an NGage device and Lund to do the tune for the blower. It should be ready to run and drive up and down the street again when it gets here.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Cut patterns and then cut out the door panels. Typical ffr fashion, they are not mirror images side to side. The cut the patterns and started on the console. Trying to keep it as low a profile as possible just enough to hide the shifter parts. The boot will cover a large chunk of the chunky top section. The console front vertical oart will house the ac controls and center vents.
Patterns!



Parts!



Assembling the console and making cross braces. Now that the basic shape is done, it’s time to mount it to finish it up. But, that’s enough for today. My 3 weeks off netted good progress. I hope when i get back to work, things are normal and i can continue this next week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Finally got the webbing and staples to finish the seat webbing. Also, after some thought, I didn’t like the idea of using wood screws to hold the back to the frame. They are not known to stay put especially when taken out and put back in a few times. So I went and got some T-Nuts and long machine screws and installed them. Now I can redo as often as needed and I will loctite them on final assembly. While I was at it (no pic) I remade one of the 2x2 braces to fit the frame better for better support.

 
241 - 246 of 246 Posts
Top