Get your neck fixed if they can do it. I had a quadruple fusion in 2017. The best decision I ever made. Most days are totally pain free and I was back at work in 3 weeks. I had gone months without sleeping. It did slow the build down some. Mostly due to having to get the wife to let me back in the shop.OK. The summer is coming to an end. I hope to get out there a couple days a week starting Friday I hope. My bum neck determining. Got a pinched nerve old doc gotta decide how to fix.
Anyway, I ripped out my stock fuel system and here is what's going in. Boyds tank, aeromotive dual 340 lph pumps. -8 AN braided nylon supply and -6 return. New lines to the rails to ditch the rubber and push fittings. Should be rocking. After I get all.this in, I will be going back to the tail lights. I think I've figured out how I want to do it and am waiting on some lean to get here.
For what, the power? I'll prolly run a separate 10 awg for it, and use the computer lead to switch a relay. Throw a 30 Amp fuse in it then. Waiting on word from Ford. The relay and fuse in the control panel is 40 Amp but the fuel pump wire isn't 10 awg. Looks to be 14.On my Magnuson setup I ran a fused lead via a relay directly from the battery, my battery is located in the trunk. This eliminates any voltage drop from long leads coming from the front of the car.
Thought so. Yes, my battery is in the back also. I think I'm going to build me a little project box with a 10 awg input with a 30a fuse. Then use a relay inside and use the computer power to trip it on and a 10 awg wire to the fuel pumps. That way I know the wire and supporting gear is big enough and won't melt.yes. power for the fuel pump.
Made up my fuel filler neck today and got it and cap installed. After hours of looking at options, I like the ffr supplied one the best. I'll countersink it so it's flush (and add some support to the back) and take it apart and chrome the parts you see for final assembly.
Installed. Had to move it slightly from originally planned spot.
Tomorrow, I'll be trying to finish up the passenger side taillight. If it works as planned, I'll document the drivers side over the next couple days and show how I did it.