Factory Five Racing Forum banner

261 - 280 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
New caliper fittings(straight) to keep the wheels off my brake lines. The 45 bend fitting just wouldn’t work no matter how I fit them.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Man, that looks Great! What color is that?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Is that an old color (1960's) with no metallic in it? What is the paint code?

Thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Finally got body back from very slow painters!!! (Into a buddy’s shop for a little all hands help putting over the frame... some gentle stretching is required to get around those -S door crash cages.

I hope to get aluminum panels in and lights mounted this week.

Licensed this month if all goes well.

·
Registered
889 Posts
such a sweet build SD.. congrats on the milestone.. good luck with assembly and rego... :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
First look at paint on body on car.

To do
Modify differential cooler to fit under body
Trim radiator shroud aluminum
Fit doors hatch and windshield
Install body under-panels
Mount headlights taillights blinker lights and reverse light
Lots of other little details.
Go fast

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Lights and lenses went in pretty easily now trying to get the body to line up again is causing me fits!
Hate it when that happens. If you are intending to put the covers on the head lights, it is much easier to do with the headlights out. This allows you to work from behind the bucket through the headlight hole.

HTH

John

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Covers are 13 months back ordered
Got mine last Saturday. Last parts on my backorder list for #59. You should be getting yours too?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been trying to find a matching backup light to install just like in your picture! I really want to match a clear version of the tail lights - how close does the one you have there match (hard to tell from the picture), and what did you end up with?

Thanks!!

Lights and lenses went in pretty easily now trying to get the body to line up again is causing me fits!

·
Registered
3,508 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
I've been trying to find a matching backup light to install just like in your picture! I really want to match a clear version of the tail lights - how close does the one you have there match (hard to tell from the picture), and what did you end up with?

Thanks!!

I found an period correct light at a local restoration and parts shop. (It off a British AC I believe). It’s a close enough match to the FFR lights, (Very close) and perhaps the only part on the car that could be considered “original” cobra. I’ll post a close up picture here soon. I tossed the box but it’s a pretty standard lamp I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #279

This is a Lucas lamp with the FLAT clear lens. (The British cars PRIOR to 1967 had clear lenses on the front marker & turnsignal, not just for reverse. after 1968 Fed DOT required orange/amber up front!)

I found it a place that restores 60s Brit cars. Sprites and such.

261 - 280 of 414 Posts