Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
New
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought these are supposed to be the king of all 427S/C replicars, but the only one I saw a couple weeks ago seemed to have mold seems. Most evident was one surrounding the oval/conical nose, about 4" aft of the radiator opening wrapping around the whole "cone". Next I noted some seems lower down between the front wheel opening and the door, then the rear of the door opening and the rear wheel opening. Now these "seems" weren't very big, maybe 1/32" wide by 1/32" tall. The latter were perfectly horizontal and straight. What exactly did I see? I've seen the Superformance factory video on Dream Car Garage and they really emphasised all the carefull block sanding on the raw fiberglass. If these were seems, I'd think they would be harder to keep than to simply sand off. By the way, the color was solid at these locations, not the result of masking and overspray. :confused:

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
you were probabyl looking at a clear rock guard stick-on surface. Superformance puts them on in the areas you are talking about.
The SPF body, gap and paint are excellent. They definately have good quality control.

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
Originally posted by trevor:
you were probabyl looking at a clear rock guard stick-on surface. Superformance puts them on in the areas you are talking about.
The SPF body, gap and paint are excellent. They definately have good quality control.
I'll second this as nothing gets through their Q&A check when a roller leaves the factory. Sure things happen in transport, but nothing like what you described.

Bill S.

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
Originally posted by 2blue:
I thought these are supposed to be the king of all 427S/C replicars,
I would not say that they are the king...

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
I would call an ERA, new CSX series or Kirkman the king(s).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts