Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Plodding Along
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing both sunvisors and a soft top and I'm in the process of getting the windshield frame mocked-up with all of the things that need to be bolted to it... side mounts, center support rod, wind wings, and sunvisors. It appears that I'll need to invert the sunvisor mounts on the windshield in order for the soft top header channel to clear, but I can't find any reference to whether that's correct in any of the instructions or threads about installing a top. I'm using the old-style FFR top, not either of the current versions, but all three seem to have the same or similar front header channel, so I'm guessing some of you have tackled this already.

Please post pics of your sunvisors (close-up of the brackets, if possible) if your car also has a soft top.

·
Junior Charter Member
650 Posts
Yes, just reverse the brackets and you will be good. When you do this the visors do not stick up as far over the windshield which I think looks better but the brackets are also lower and do impede vision somewhat if you are tall. I have found that it is just easier to remove the wind wings though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.