Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to keep flogging the dead horse, but...
I have a Mk3, Cobra 11.65 disc brake conversion, calipers on the front, Lokar handle on the tranny tunnel passenger side near the back, also putting in the 6" flatbar leverage extender. I have a 92 donor, and the outter sheath on the donor e-brake cables is about 18" too short to reach the upper bracket on the frame. I know you are supposed to get the cables that match the brakes (94-04 Cobra), but I was wondering if someone has done up a summary of the year of Mustang and length of e-brake cable (outer sheath) to make life easy for those trying to find longer sets. I have spent hours on the forum researching e-brake threads and have not come across one. Or alternatively, if someone knows which year cables I need? I have routed around the back side of the shock and looped in a large radius over the diff and above the 4" cross tube to try to reach the upper bracket.

· Charter Member
1,605 Posts
Bump. Good question.
John O

· Premium Member
11 Posts
Is there an answer ?

I have MKII and a SN95 donor. The chassis has only one place to put the cable sheath. The spot is way to far back for the T-cable to connect.

The rear e-brake cables are quite long with sheath going all but 6-7 inches from end of cable. I was told you must have same year e brake handle, cable, caliper. I have all these. I have only one place for the sheath to connect to chassis, I know the forum pictures show two however I only have the one.

There is a real need for E-Brake Summary of Cable Lengths. Is the answer you must fabricate cables or buy expensive after market kits? I have been
beating through the Forum and see all the cool setups. But it seems none apply to my combination.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Summary of Cable Lengths

I agree. The parts couter guys at Ford do not know the cable lengths, so it seems to be a trial and error thing to find the right one. Buy, return, buy again, return...?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.