Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Performance tires are no longer built in the 15" diameter, unless you go with somthing like the Goodyear Blue Streak (not an option for the street).

I am looking for a good street/occasional open track tire. Any good suggestions?

Anyone....? Anyone? Gordon?

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,802 Posts
The best 15" radial track tire I have used is the Hoosier R303. They make a 225/55/15 for the front and a 275/50/15 for the rear. They are DOT legal but don't try to drive them in the rain.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,725 Posts
I would ask David Borden, he does all kinds of track work in their FFR's.

Good street tire= Nitto 555R extreme drag radial 275/50/15 Z rating.

Front: Pirelli V ( forget which variant )rated 235/60/15. Don't worry about mixing manuf. that used to be the problem years ago IMHO.

JQ

·
15,282 Posts
Check on whether the Yoko AVS ES100 is available in the sizes you need. It's a tire I've been impressed with on several cars, both for street and roadrace/track use. It's not a drag tire, but has great all-around performance and decent wear.

Cheers, John

·
Junior Charter Member
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I am going to check out what is in stock nearby. Hell, anything is better than these BFGoodrocks!

Maybe a new paint job will have to wait until next year, and a set of new 17" Halibrands will be in order.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.