Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just a couple of pics of my finally installed remote Villiager reservoir & 03 Cobra M/C. As some may remember, I broke one of the very rare M/C nipples fixtures while installing it the first time.

But, thanks to forum member Skimonster, who sent me another one gratis, I'm in business. This forum rocks!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Some very neat brakeline work there..I wish mine looked as good
Steve

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Now that is cool. I bet everybody with PB wants that. Why are those pieces so rare??

[ February 13, 2007, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: cobrastang ]

·
8,356 Posts
PS is for weenies...it does look nice, though. Actually, there are times when I wish I had kept the PS from the donor.

·
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve, thanks. It would bug the crap out of me if the brake lines didn't look straight and neat.

CobraStang, the Villiager/Quest parts are discontinued, so we are left with the few left in the new parts pipeline. (Max at 5-Star Ford in AZ says something like 6 left in their network) After that it's the boneyard.

I'm guessing you guys mean PB? No PS on my car....

Chris.

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
I like it!

What's the wedgie for?

Did you have to pay extra for the flashy yellow cap? Mine's plain old black. :(

Have you put fluid in it yet?

Sean

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
cWood I almost got wood looking and thinking about having power brakes . Nice job rather ingenius as well. If I need pb I'll be in touch. Bob

·
Junior Charter Member
710 Posts
Chris, I am glad to help! I have found the forum and its members EXTREMELY helpful when I have had issues with my build.

·
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sean,

The wedge bracket is just because I was feeling goofy at the time yesterday. It makes the reservoir be roughly in line with the centerline of the car. And, I thought it might look cool.

If you operate under the Fast and the Furious rules, the yellow cap should add 10 RWHP!

CW

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
CW,

I'm glad it all worked out and despite the problems it was time well spent. I wish I had that setup.

·
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same dyno they use to test the Honda Civics and Mitsubishi Galants that make 500 HP and yet still can't break a 14 second quarter !

·
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dan,

The vacuum booster is from my 93 LX 5.0 donor, the M/C is a 93 Mustang Cobra piece and the remote reservoir and the nipples which snap into the M/C are from Mercury Villiager/Nissan Quest mini vans. The last parts are discontinued and getting hard to find. At least new.

The install of the booster requires a frame mod and most move the steering bearing inside the DS foot box for clearance as well. This setup is well documented on the forum and has been done by several of us.

Chris.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts