Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I noticed when I got to work today that my Cats had cracked. I wired them up so as not to fall off on the ride home. Got home the cracks are now twice as wide as when I noticed them. Hanger under the car rattled the whole way back.

So I have the J-Pipes that Shep was nice enough to include when I bought the car.
I don't have the pipes or the manual here at home, so I want to know what I need to install the J-P's. Any gaskets other than the 3 hole header ones. I guess I'll need to order those. I'd like to get those online right now.
Luckily I'm off tommorow and saturday so I'm going to try to at least get the cats off.

I might just order the 4-into-4 headers and side pipes to upgrade it for one of this winters projects.

Thanks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
consummate slacker
1,430 Posts
I would think you'd need the 4-holes for the sidepipe too, wouldn't you???

·
Premium Member
16,570 Posts

·
3,217 Posts
Paul - Check the bag of goodies I gave you. I think there might be an extra set of gaskets in there.

I'll be feeling your pain tomorrow. Those bolts at the Cat flange are an absolute PITA to get on and off. Be prepared for lots of cussing :mad: .

Don't bother ordering the 4x4s though. I expanded the passenger footbox with Cobra Earl's kit and that's not compatible with the 4x4 headers.

And bring a set of allen wrenches, cause that's what I think I used for bolt heads. There's not enough room around the Cat flanges to get a socket on the bolts and barely enough room to use an open end wrench.

[ September 13, 2007, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Shep ]

·
3,217 Posts
Some advice for you as you attack this.

Removal:

Undo the Cats at the header first, then unbolt the side pipe bracket. Drop the whole assembly as one piece and work on the Cat to sidepipe flange on a bench.

Installation:

Attach the J-Pipes to the sidepipes on the bench.

Support the ends of the sidepipes with jackstands and get the J-Pipes loosely attached to the header collectors.

Attach the sidepipe brackets but leave them loose.

You can now play with the horizontal and vertical adjustment by moving the J-Pipes around the ball at the end of the header collectors.

Work back and forth between the collectors and sidepipe brackets until you get everything positioned correctly and tightened up.

Sounds like I've done this a couple of times, huh?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Paul, I didn't use the J-pipes and you are welcome to any of the parts I still have. I'll take a look tonight when I get off work.

Mike M.+

1 - 7 of 7 Posts