·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Formacars has done this. Check out their website

Reactions: Gorillaw

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't recall their name, something Midwest?? they were out of the Fargo North Dakota area. They went out of business. I wanted to someday build the Sebring (Austin Healey) kit they produced but no more. I digress, they also made a Cobra replica that was stretched for taller drivers. I highly recommend the FFR over this kit just for the fact that I have seen the Smith brothers wreck and roll a FFR and duct taped it back together again and raced it the same day. with not much more than a bruised ego. Most kits back then were just ladder frames. If you could find pics of the Fargo company's car or someone who actually has one to check out that would give you a good idea of where to start if you were serious about stretching one today. If you google the Sebring kit car you might get lucky.

·
Not a waxer
12,092 Posts
Schooner,
You’re thinking of Classic Roadsters. Lone Star Classics also produced an extended wheelbase version. Both kind of looked like wiener dogs :eek: and both companies went out of business, were resurrected and then folded again.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Lone star classics came back as ultimate classic cars. They are in TX. A buddy of mine finished one of their builds last year. as far as I know, they are still in business.

·
Premium Member
11,794 Posts
I think the Backdraft roadster is a little longer as well...but not sure if that is all in the cockpit or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank for the responses. Yesterday I got to sit in a FFR mark three that had a recessed floor pan and I fit. Now can anyone confirm that a mark four would have the same measurements as the mark 3?

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Thank for the responses. Yesterday I got to sit in a FFR mark three that had a recessed floor pan and I fit. Now can anyone confirm that a mark four would have the same measurements as the mark 3?
Same overall measurements. More footbox room in both the DS and PS with the Mk4 due to changes/updates in the sheet metal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts