Factory Five Racing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
The body work continues with the waterfall, transmission tunnel and dash. I came up with a good system for marking the roll bar holes in the waterfall.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Continuing with the body work. Trimming the trunk lid to the Factory Five 33 Hot Rod V2 is taking longer than expected due to all the curves in all directions.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Jim - Sorry, I've been dipping into your build, but not replying to this thread.

Not watched all the videos, but you are clearly building up a great reference collection. :cool:

I liked the time lapsed engine fitting one that really showed the inch by inch approach.

Talking about inches, I also like the trunk fitting with your dad's help and the difference between 5/8th and 5/16th.
(One advantage of working in millimetres.. ;))

Good luck, Paul. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Today was a great milestone. Made clearance for the 4l60e transmission, properly installed the engine mounts, worked the spacers for the engine mounts, and replaced the LS harmonic balancer.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Jim - Just popped in to watch another one of your videos.

Got to love a bit of CAD work. :cool:

( Cardboard Aided Design ;) )

Don't want to nag, but can I suggest you wear your mask when drilling holes in fibreglass too?.

I know it is a pain (having done it myself), but the same fibres you are avoiding during the sanding/cutting are there when drilling.

Good luck, Paul. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
CAD - Good humor. I wear a mask almost all the time. However, drilling at slow speeds does not put the fiberglass into the air like sanding, cutting and the dreadful die grinder. Keep in mind my videos are sped up. Thanks for keeping it in check. Jim

61 - 80 of 111 Posts