Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished my Cobra in 2013. As part of the initial order I got these seats. Once I was far enough along in the Build
I bought the Classic seats from FF. Did not like the look. My wife and I have been house cleaning including my workshop . As the result of that
I have been directed to send them to a good home. The seats are in good condition. I will provide pictures if anyone is interested.

My Cobra has been shown twice and won awards both times.
I've not requested graduation yet. The included picture is what my car looks like. Thats me in the red shirt.
RonsCobra.jpg

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm interested. Where in Dallas are you located? A picture would be great. I'll figure out the best way to pick them up.

Bob

·
Registered
394 Posts
Here's my email. [email protected] Please send me your address and a good time to pick them up. My grandson lives just south of Ft. Worth so I'll see if I can get him to come get them.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I can see why you've won awards. The car is beautiful.

Scott

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Here's my experience with using my so-called Street Performer seats that I obtained from FFR back in 2004 when I bought my components. I selected those seats for what I consider a very practical reason: given the necessary positioning of the Cobra's rollbar, I thought that installation of low-back seats would be a problem in the case of a rear end collision. In the case of such an event, SP seats would cushion my head and prevent contact with the rollbar. Fast forward to last year, 2019. By that time, my SPs had become less comfortable for some reason. I had spent some time looking for seat replacements but never found any with similar high backs. Finally, I had mine reupholstered, where the tech doing the work pointed out that the original seat foam had all turned to powder, except for the actual seat cushion foam. Sidebar, I had always found the seat cushion width too narrow for comfort.

Backstory: Should anyone consider my concern over the likelihood of a rear end collision overblown, I share this experience. First, I came to build my FFR after having ridden motorcycles for 28 years. Those years underscored for me the importance of paying attention to rear view mirrors. On a clear sunny day with light traffic, I arrived at a stoplight on an open outlying road where I parked third in line, leaving as always a generous gap between my car and the one ahead. The next vehicle to come along behind me was a utility van. He was coming at me from behind at a pretty good speed so I paid attention. Then he passed the point where I thought he should start braking, and shortly after that, I decided he would hit me unless I got out of the way. I lit up the tires and used the gap I had left and quickly pulled over on the shoulder, stopping even with the vehicle in front of me. By the time the van stopped, he was easily ten feet into the footprint my Cobra and I had occupied moments before. Fortunately he never did hit the car in front of me. So rear end collisions can occur, even (and maybe especially) when we least expect it. BTW, my having the SP seats reupholstered was well worth the effort IMO. It's worth noting that the plastic grommets on the seatbacks have no ready replacement, but there are some available for those to either side of the seat cushion.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The Cobra Clubman seats are the same as the old Street Performer seats.

Got mine 2 years ago, and I love them. Always concerned about a rear end collision with the standard low-back seats, so I replaced them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts