Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm in the early stages of the build, and I got the Street Performer seats with my kit. I've decided that I want to get the frame powdercoated, so I want to do all the frame mods before I take it to get coated. From what I've read, the seats are a really tight fit and the e-brake handle may need to be relocated. Can someone give me some details on the e-brake relocation? Most importantly, exactly where is the best place to relocate it with these seats? It would be great if I could do any welding I have to do without having to fit the body, doors, and the seats in the car.

I was looking at the Fiero e-brake setup in the FAQ. Will this work with the Street Performer seats?

Thanks a lot!

[ August 11, 2002, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Cobra3657 ]

·
7,916 Posts
I just moved mine forward about 2 inches to clear the seat. But if I were you i would do the Feiro setup its real nice plus you can reach it if you need to.
Mike

·
Out-of-control teenager
835 Posts
Although we have not done the fiero e brake, I believe that it is narrow enough that it mounts on the drivers side and clears the seat. Someone else will have to add more info.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the clubman seats which I believe are the same as the street performers. When I relocated the fiero e-brake to the drivers side I had some interference problems when I tried to mount it like what is shown in the FAQ area. I ended up mounting the handle to the top of the 3/4 sq. tubing instead of along side it. Others have said they did not have any clearance problems when mounting it along side the tube - Maybe it is how I mounted my seat that gave me the clearance issue.Either way I would still mock it up before I started drilling holes. I spent a fair amount of time looking at the best way to route the cables. I ended up buying some custom made cables that where just the right length.

Dan

·
Senior Charter Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, after looking at the FAQ again, it looks like the handle could be located anywhere along the 3/4" tube that it's mounted to in the picture. I don't mind drilling holes and filling them with bolts in the powdercoated frame, but if there was going to be welding involved, I wanted to go ahead and do it before the powder coat. Will I have to mount the body in order to mock up the seats? I've heard the clearance between the body and the seats is very tight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.