Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I can't complain too much about having the car break down in the middle of a heavy traffic area 15 minutes after I left home. Nice that two guys got out of their car and pushed me through the intersection and into a parking lot. No biggie, got ride home and got the trailer and hauled it home. While I have broken it at the track (clutch, oil line), this was the first time it stranded me on the street in 15 years.

Turns out I have the issued narrowed down to the magenetic pick-up to my MSD Pro Billet distributor (a $33 part). The car would turn the engine over but it wouldn't fire until the next day (after the pick-up cooled off). Coil and wires all checked out. I can't take the chance of it cutting out after 15 minutes especially since I am trying to sneak in one more track day in before it gets too cold.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,612 Posts
No surprise that another MSD bites the dust. Hope you can do that one more track day. I am searching all around for one more autocross so I know how you feel.

·
Charter Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Time for a correction, I took the distributor top off and under the rotor was a circuit board. No magnetic pickup in sight and the part I bought isn't compatible with my distributor . I called MSD and they said any work on that distributor has to be done by them and the turn around time is a couple of weeks. Well that shoots any chance to get back on track this weekend. Rats!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Wow that brings up a lot of bad memories. I could go exactly 5 miles and it would cut out. I switched over to a Mallory and it has worked so far. Now I guess they are all one big company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts