Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together my budget for a MkII kit. I'm sure someone out there can give me a ballpark for what the parts cost would be to rebuild (shortblock) a stock 302 EFI. Pistons, rings, bearings, gaskets, etc. It's been some time since I've bought any engine parts, probably 20+ years!I want to compare to what a crate shortblock costs. Thanks for any input here!

·
Professional Internet Browser
9,945 Posts
Ummm, you can prob get away with about 600 including machine work for a "rebuild". To do it really well, it would cost around 1200.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,021 Posts
If you're going to spend $1,200 on a rebuild go to www.oemfordparts.com and buy a NEW 302 short block for $1,295.

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
Summit sells a kit for the 5.0 for under $500 that includes pistons etc. Add another few hundred for machine work and you should be done. Put in the cam if you plan on getting one later. The sky is the limit from there up. Hope this helps. Cheers Richard.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,717 Posts
A new 347 Crate motorr from advance auto (Recon Engines) fully built is 3K. The FMS explorer motor is 3195 + 250 accessory kit. If I had it to do over I would rebuild and not put in a new motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts