Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried emailing and calling Mendeola but going to see if anybody on here knows anything.

I have just over 500 miles on the transaxle. Performed all break in procedures but continuing to have problems. As the temperature just gets over 150 degrees I have lots of trouble getting into 1st and Reverse is the biggest issue but as it gets a little warmer and keep driving it I have trouble getting into any of the gears it seems. The worst is at a stop and not being able to get into 1st and if I'm lucky I will get into second and have to second gear start. I have had so much trouble with this that I had to change the connection of my shift cable end the cup that mounts to the shifter. It started to pop off all the time. Now on the other end it completely ripped out the ball stud out of the shift arm of the transaxle. Pulled the threads right out of it. Anybody else having this much trouble shifting? Not out Racing just driving trying to break it in I have adjusted Clutch several times and doing everything I can. I can only drive around for 20-30 minutes max before I have to park it. Engine temp is also always around 180 degrees at most with our current weather. But now I had to pull it back to my garage and push it in there again. Hoping Mendeola can get me a new shift arm for it but cant get a reply and then going to continue to try to break it in and get it shifting easier. Maybe it just needs more miles on it yet

Attachments

·
Registered
16,313 Posts
Sounds like a clutch issue to me. When you say you can't get it into gear, does it grind, or does it just not move into gear?

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
X2 on what Crash said. Plus, what shifter are you using?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tried emailing and calling Mendeola but going to see if anybody on here knows anything.

I have just over 500 miles on the transaxle. Performed all break in procedures but continuing to have problems. As the temperature just gets over 150 degrees I have lots of trouble getting into 1st and Reverse is the biggest issue but as it gets a little warmer and keep driving it I have trouble getting into any of the gears it seems. The worst is at a stop and not being able to get into 1st and if I'm lucky I will get into second and have to second gear start. I have had so much trouble with this that I had to change the connection of my shift cable end the cup that mounts to the shifter. It started to pop off all the time. Now on the other end it completely ripped out the ball stud out of the shift arm of the transaxle. Pulled the threads right out of it. Anybody else having this much trouble shifting? Not out Racing just driving trying to break it in I have adjusted Clutch several times and doing everything I can. I can only drive around for 20-30 minutes max before I have to park it. Engine temp is also always around 180 degrees at most with our current weather. But now I had to pull it back to my garage and push it in there again. Hoping Mendeola can get me a new shift arm for it but cant get a reply and then going to continue to try to break it in and get it shifting easier. Maybe it just needs more miles on it yet
Any updates . I’m having the same issues . Waited 17 months for my axle after deposit and pretty much have the same results as a toasted g50 . Help

·
Registered
444 Posts
Try bleeding your slave cylinder on the transaxle. When bleeding, have the rear end of your vehicle higher than the front end. Reversing your car up on race ramps might help. This will help let the air bubbles out of the slave cylinder. It's possible something simple like this is causing your woes.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have a Mendiola in my GTM never had too many problems I have found if the clutch pedal is not 100% to the floor it will not shift well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts