Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
How much do you tip your UPS guy?

Seriously.

I have seen tips posted from $60 - $100. Sometimes baked goods or even dinner.

I did not have a pleasant experience. My driver was impatient and unpleasant. He scratched both my Frame and my Body. I would rate him as no better than some of the Fedex guys you hear about out there.

I still tipped him because I read it was customary.:(

My thoughts on the matter in hind sight would be as follows.

If you delivery goes well and the driver goes above and beyond to the point where you can not wipe the smile off your face then tip accordingly.:w00t:

If you are left feeling like the guy did not give a rats ass about you and your project then tip him accordingly and call Collin Stewart. He wont call you back but at least you can vent a little.:mad:

These guys have a difficult job but it is a job and they earn a wage like everybody else. In 25 years I have never received a tip as an electrician and I do my best to make sure I leave a smile on my customers faces.:)

When was the last time you got a tip for a job well done?

·
Cobra Nutcase
1,629 Posts
I don't recall, but I think I gave him $40, but this was in 2003. Of course, he was very nice and helpful. If my experience was like the one above, then I probably wouldn't have.

Rob

·
Plodding Along
2,976 Posts
I haven't used Stewart, but I have had cars delivered before... most recently by Intercity Lines. Each time, I have cash ready and base the amount on the service I see as they unload the vehicle... how was it packed, how do they treat it when unhooking/unloading, etc... In each instance, the cash was between $50 and $100. I also always have a fresh batch of cookies as these guys often are away from home for long stretches and something like that can give them a small taste (sorry for the pun) of home. I never had a damage problem, but it I did, and if it appeared the result of the driver, then no tip (and I'd eat the cookies, too).

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Cheap Plug for Intercity Lines

Sorry to Hijack but I have to remind all that there are options to Stewart Transport. One call to Intercity Lines and you will understand that there truly is a difference. They can only transport cars on wheel or on dollies at this time. If you can get a dolly to FFR they will haul it for you and give you real time GPS tracking. They also return calls. What a concept.

Sorry again for the Hijack

I haven't used Stewart, but I have had cars delivered before... most recently by Intercity Lines. Each time, I have cash ready and base the amount on the service I see as they unload the vehicle... how was it packed, how do they treat it when unhooking/unloading, etc... In each instance, the cash was between $50 and $100. I also always have a fresh batch of cookies as these guys often are away from home for long stretches and something like that can give them a small taste (sorry for the pun) of home. I never had a damage problem, but it I did, and if it appeared the result of the driver, then no tip (and I'd eat the cookies, too).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Favorable Comment about Stewart Transport

Stewart delivered my Roadster last July and did a fine job. The driver worked his butt off and I tipped him $50, for which he was really grateful.

Had a rough time with my neighborhood association though -- when the Stewart driver was about 30 min away he called to let me know he was on his way. I called the guard at the gate house (yeah, I live in a gated community) what was coming and he told me 18-wheelers aren't allowed into the community because they're "unsightly" or some such nonsense. I had less than 30 minutes to get a hold of the president of the association and ask for "special permission" to allow the truck into the neighborhood. When I told him what was coming, I think that did the trick BUT I had to agree to be personally responsible for any damage like knocked-over signs, etc. The Stewart driver handled his rig with perfect control and delivered everything in less than an hour. I'd say he certainly earned his tip.

David Brooks
FFR7846

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had my roadster delivered by Intercity Lines who did an outstanding job. I didn't realize that I was supposed to tip the man. I was so pumped up to see my car, I never even thought about a tip. I always tip my waitress/waiter 20% and my barber, but I never thought about tipping the delivery guys.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
I tipped my Stewart driver $100 but he did a great job delivering to my house after negotiating narrow streets and a small roundabout in my gated community - I bribed the gate guy $20 to look the other way. After following this forum for over 5 years this complaint about a Stewart driver is the first, I think. Most guys praise their drivers. I look forward to having Stewart deliver an 818 . . . . soon?
Pete

·
Registered
443 Posts
think I gave my stewart guy 100 dollars. he did a good job, nice enough but not overly friendly, but I was satisfied

·
Cobra Poor
651 Posts
Stewart delivered my car on Thanksgiving day one year. They arrived about 5pm and had turkey dinner with us. We tried to give them some cash, but they refused.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Mine was delivered while I was on shift (Fire Dept), my brother recieved it at my house for me, so he didnt get any tip. Which I can say I didnt have a pleasant experience with them anyways so even if I was there I wouldnt have tipped.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,689 Posts
Wow MN12, beautiful home and neighborhood but that is one serious driveway!

Back on topic, I gave my delivery team (husband and wife) $80, I think. I basically emptied my pockets into their hands as I was so happy to have the car in the garage.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Stewart (Bob) delivered my 33 Hot Rod today. It was a day later than orginally expected but I was number 7 out of 9 on the truck. He called with updates the week before and this week. The night before he called with a window from 11 AM to 2 PM. He showed up at noon. I live on a very busy street and he had to park his truck on the shoulder in grass. We had everything in my garage within an hour. I am happy with the service they provide.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
ours was an easy drop off. Spotted him a $50. very pleased with the service. I am glad we have them!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.