Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As usual nothing can be simple.

The bezel is too big for the hole. It supose to press fit and I tried. All I did was damage the dash. Now I feel I need to get it on. I tried bending the part that fits it. Not sure.

I ordered the shaft finisher with out really thinking about it. How is that supose to work and look? Doesnt seem I need that.
20200210_202342.jpg
20200210_202154.jpg
20200210_202333.jpg

Jason

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sucks. I tried even putting a little oil to slip it in. That was another big mistake. Its everywhere. Even though I tried to be careful.

I tried shoe horning it and using s piece of plastic to try to slip it in.

All I have done is damage the dash.

I gave up and put the wheel back on before I damage the dash completely.

Jason

·
3,516 Posts
Eek! My dash has the vinyl cover. All I did was make a slice in the cover and slide the wheel up to the dash.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike Everson said that it was designed for the aluminum dash. I guess I did not know that.

I am going to see if the guy that made my cup holders can make me one that fits.

Jason

·
Registered
484 Posts
Mike Everson said that it was designed for the aluminum dash. I guess I did not know that.

I am going to see if the guy that made my cup holders can make me one that fits.

Jason
Jason, I also bought the steering wheel bezel. Mine fits OK even with the dash wrapped in leather. Consider trimming away some of the foam from the opening to get it to fit.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jason, I also bought the steering wheel bezel. Mine fits OK even with the dash wrapped in leather. Consider trimming away some of the foam from the opening to get it to fit.
Yes maybe. I still might have one made to fit. Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts