Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Steering shaft question

584 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  quicksand 
#1 ·
How do I know how much of the shaft to leave into the cockpit? The dash is not in yet. Should I take a best guess and sock it down or just wait to tighten everything down? I am using Russ' turnsignal if that makes a difference. Anyone have measurement from the pillow block for me? Thanks,
Doug

#2 ·
just don't install the beveled washers or spring clips anf you'll be able to remove it when need...install the above only on final assembly

#3 ·
Just leave those concave washers off the steering shaft and don't worry about your final fit until the dash is completed and near ready for final assembly. This way you can pull the whole upper shaft and wheel assemply out if needed. You'll probably pull the wheel off a few times before you're done just to get better access to things.

#10 ·
Ah o.k., so no spring clips needed since I have non donor steerig shaft? I know that no clips were included in my kit.

#11 ·
sorry for the confusion...i should have said "either/or"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.