Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to do this just once so I am looking for the best advice from you guys and girls. What is the best setup for the least amount of Bump Steer. Solid offset bushing, what about the bump steer kit.

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
I can only go by my own experience....I have the Breeze solid offset bushings , but no bump steer kit...I have 2200 miles on the car , and have yet to experience any "bump steer"...
I have the FR 18:1 rack , and universal......I did my own alignment (the old string trick) , and everything seems to work great...I also purchased new stock lower control arms , and that seems to help the steering as well.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Yep - another in that camp

New Ford lower A arms, new ATSCO style manual rack, offset poly bushings, 2 FR universals on a section of solid DD.

At 60 or so on a sweeping turn, any good solid bump (negative or positive) and there is a little tiny bit of walk but completely under control.

Much much better than the donor rack with the old arms.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you get the Atsco rack from and what is ratio and cost. Do you think it is as good as the Flaming River are the Unisteer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.